Apr 18, 2014
:: SOLD OUT ::
Who doesn't love a good pub crawl, winning stuff, and helping a great local non-profit? Here's your chance to play in one of Missoula Craft Beer Week's signature events, the Craft Beer Cup: A Mini Golf Tourney & Pub Crawl on Thursday May 1.
It's simple, gather a team of 4-6 players, each player pays $20 (includes a t-shirt!), and bring your putter and ball to play 9 holes at 9 different bars, with over 9 breweries sponsoring each hole. The breweries are bringing bagloads of swag to give away all night, and the bars are building some of the finest, most-fun mini golf holes in Missoula County!
Players packet pick-up will be on May 1 between 5:15 - 5:45 P.M. Tee time starts at 6:00 p.m. sharp! Shotgun start, with two teams starting at each hole.
Here is the full list of where holes will be and which breweries are sponsoring:
Registration @ James Bar - Sponsored by Ninkasi Brewing Co. (OR)
James Bar - Sponsored by Bayern Brewing
Iron Horse - Sponsored by Kettlehouse
The Old Post - Sponsored by Big Sky Brewing
Charlie B's - Sponsored by Flathead Lake Brewing Co.
Flathead Lake Brewing Co. - Sponsored by Elysian Brewing (WA)
Reds Bar - Sponsored by New Belgium Brewing (CO)
The Rhino - Sponsored by Great Northern Brewing
Tamarack Brewing Co. - Sponsored by Tamarack Brewing Co.
The Top Hat - Sponsored by Draught Works
Awards Ceremony @ The Top Hat - Sponsored by Iron Horse Brewing (WA)
Prizes will be awarded for best individual scores (Men's and Women's), Best Team Score (best four players on each team), Best Dressed, and Player's Choice Award for Best Hole Design.
We know how much fun it is to dress up, so this year's theme is:
TWEEDS 'N KNICKERS
Think vintage, plaids, herringbone, ascots, dapper. Betty's Divine will be judging the Best Dressed at the Awards Ceremony and giving out a gift certificate. Get creative!
Registration is now open at The Rhino. We are limited to 18 teams max and expect to sell out! Cash or check only. Must register by April 27 (by close of the Brews on the Block Party).
VIP ALERT! We are offering two team entries for $250 each that includes a private chauffeur from hole to hole on the Thirst Gear bike and snacks.
All profits are donated to the Missoula Food Bank.
Apr 11, 2014
Another great event from our sponsor, Draught Works, which has partnered with The Good Food Store to bring you a beer and cheese pairing.
Draught Works has hand selected eight specialty (many unreleased to the public) beers to accompany an array of cheeses hand-selected by the experts at Good Food Store. Draught Works brewers and the Good Food Store cheese expert will be present to walk you through the tasting and educate you about both.
Wednesday, April 30th 2014. Two seatings are available (5:30 and 7:00 p.m.) and each seating is limited to 25 seats. Cost is $20 per person. Call Draught Works at 406.541.1592 to reserve your space.
Mar 18, 2014
We are very pleased to announce the return of the Missoula Downtown Association (MDA) as a top-level sponsor of Missoula Craft Beer Week. Since the very beginning, three years ago, Missoula Craft Beer Week has been indebted to the invitation from the MDA to put together a week of beer-related events to coincide with the organization's fantastic Garden City Brewfest in Caras Park.
In fact, the very first MCBW occured in honor of the brewfest's 20th anniversary celebration. We thank the MDA for their continued support and their partnership. Beer is awesome!
Mar 12, 2014
Missoula Craft Beer Week is proud to announce Draught Works as our first Platinum Sponsor for this year’s festivities! Draught Works has been a top supporter of this event for two years now. They are a Missoula brewery with a beautiful patio area and great indoor seating space. They are well known for their flagship beers, delicious seasonals, cask offerings, and witty beer names. Their friendly staff is very knowledgeable on the beer-making process, and this sharing of information and the enjoyment of beer is what craft beer week is all about. Thanks to their continuous support we are able to organize even more fun beer events every year.
Moreover, Draught Works will be hosting several of its own terrific events during the week, bringing back Beer 'n Bacon, as well as hosting a Beer and Cheese pairing with the Good Food Store cheese experts. Stay tuned for more details on both events!
Apr 24, 2012
Untappd, a social way to share and explore the world of beer with your friends, has unveiled the official Missoula Craft Beer Week Badge, which you can earn by checking into a beer at one of the following event locations during Missoula Craft Beer Week (May 1 - May 5):
Apr 20, 2012
20th ANNIVERSARY OF THE GARDEN CITY BREWFEST SLATED FOR SATURDAY, MAY 5, 2012 IN CARAS PARK
Over 5,000 people expected at state’s oldest and largest beer festival
April 20, 2012
The 20th Anniversary of the Garden City BrewFest will take place Saturday, May 5, 2012 in Caras Park and will be the culminating event of the first-ever Missoula Craft Beer Week. Sponsored by Bayern Brewing Company, Headwall Magazine, KrisCo Liquor and the Montana Radio Company, the Garden City BrewFest will kick off at high noon with 60 beers on tap and a dozen wines offered, and an estimated 5,000+ folks are expected to attend.
“This event has turned into the annual rite of spring for Caras Park and Downtown Missoula,” says John Horner, President of the Missoula Downtown Association Board of Directors. “This is a really fun event that gives us the opportunity to showcase a thriving industry in Montana, draws thousands of people to downtown, and helps the MDA fund some of its mission activities such as advocacy, beautification, and marketing.”
While there is no admission fee, those who want to sample beers must purchase a 7-ounce commemorative glass, wristband and two beer tokens for $10. Additional tokens are $1 each. Guests will be required to present identification and must be 21 years or older to purchase. All designated drivers will receive a DD wristband and free soda or water for the duration of the event. Mountain Line is providing free transit services throughout Missoula the entire day. The BrewFest also marks the final day of Bike Walk Bus Week.
As the oldest and largest beer festival in the State of Montana, the Garden City BrewFest was created in 1993 by four businesses in Downtown Missoula that wanted to showcase the new microbrew industry. Bayern Brewing Company, the Rhinoceros, Iron Horse and Worden’s Market created an entity known as BRIW Inc., and as such the BRIW-Fest was born.
The event was gifted to the Missoula Downtown Association in 2003 and renamed the Garden City BrewFest. Since then, the event has grown from approximately 2,500 attendees to a maximum of 6,500 attendees in 2010.
“We especially want to give thanks to the founders of this event – Jurgen Knoeller, Kevin Head and Brad Martens, Tim France and Tami Ursich – for their creativity and foresight, as well as their generosity,” Horner adds. “The MDA is so fortunate to have such exceptional support from these and other Missoula businesses.”
This year’s event will seem a bit brighter no matter what the weather calls for, as Picasso Brothers Painting Company has just completed the painting the pavilion structure, the west-side stairwell, the lamp posts and the information kiosk in the park. Additionally, this will be the first time this festival has had the opportunity to use the new stage in the events ring since it was still under construction in 2011.
Live music will be provided by many of Missoula’s exceptional entertainers: Sick Kids XOXO from 12-2:30 pm, the ‘Lil Smokies from 3:00-5:30 pm, and Russ Nasset & the Revelators from 6-8 pm.
Highlights of the 2012 Beer List include:
Highlighting the 2012 Wine List are:
2012 Beer List
1. Maibock (wooden barrel) Bayern Brewing Company Missoula, Montana
2. Dump Truck Summer Bock Bayern Brewing Company Missoula, Montana
3. Barrel-Aged Double Haul IPA Kettlehouse Brewing Company Missoula, Montana
4. Midnight Sawyer Black Lager Kettlehouse Brewing Company Missoula, Montana
5. Red Dread Imperial Red Ale Bitterroot Brewing Company Hamilton, Montana
6. Huckleberry Hefeweizen Bitterroot Brewing Company Hamilton, Montana
7. Flathead Cherry Ale Glacier Brewing Company Polson, Montana
8. Golden Grizzly Ale Glacier Brewing Company Polson, Montana
9. Single Malt IPA Blackfoot Brewing Company Helena, Montana
10. Bavarian Pils Blackfoot Brewing Company Helena, Montana
11. Salmon River Honey Rye Madison River Brewing Company Belgrade, Montana
12. Hop Juice (Double) IPA Madison River Brewing Company Belgrade, Montana
13. Centennial IPA Flathead Lake Brewing Company Bigfork, Montana
14. Dirty Ginger Ale Flathead Lake Brewing Company Bigfork, Montana
15. Head Plant Pale Ale Lone Peak Brewery Big Sky, Montana
16. Hippy Highway Oatmeal Stout Lone Peak Brewery Big Sky, Montana
17. Twilight Ale Deschutes Brewery Bend, Oregon
18. Chainbreaker White IPA Deschutes Brewery Bend, Oregon
19. Kellerweis Sierra Nevada Brewing Company Chico, California
20. Torpedo Extra IPA Sierra Nevada Brewing Company Chico, California
21. IPA Lagunitas Brewing Company Petaluma, California
22. Lucky 13 Alt Lagunitas Brewing Company Petaluma, California
23. Summer Ale Samuel Adams Beer Company Boston, Massachusetts
24. Norse Legend (Sahti) Samuel Adams Beer Company Boston, Massachusetts
25. Black IPA Alaskan Brewing Company Juneau, Alaska
26. Red Tail Ale Mendocino Brewing Company Hopland, California
27. Chateau Rogue Oregasmic Rogue Brewing Company Newport, Oregon
28. Summer Shandy Leinenkugel’s Brewing Company Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
29. Belgian White Wheat Ale Blue Moon Brewing Company Golden, Colorado
30. Crisp Apple Cider Angry Orchard Cider Company Cincinnati, Ohio
31. Bud Light Anheuser-Busch St. Louis, Missouri
32. Shock Top Lemon Shandy Aneuser-Busch St. Louis, Missouri
33. Double IPA Big Sky Brewing Company Missoula, Montana
34. Anniversary Dormunder Export Lager Big Sky Brewing Company Missoula, Montana
35. Widmer Drifter Pale Ale Widmer Brothers Brewing Portland, Oregon
36. Widmer Citra Blonde Widmer Brothers Brewing Portland, Oregon
37. Redhook Wit Red Hook Brewing Company Woodinville, Washington
38. Stone Brewing IPA Stone Brewing Company San Diego, California
39. New Belgium Summer Sault New Belgium Brewing Company Ft. Collins, Colorado
40. New Belgium Dig Pale Ale New Belgium Brewing Company Ft. Collins, Colorado
41. Wild Huckleberry Lager Great Northern Brewing Whitefish, Montana
42. Wheatfish Hefeweizen Great Northern Brewing Whitefish, Montana
43. Beltian White Harvest Moon Brewery Belt, Montana
44. Nut Brown Harvest Moon Brewery Belt, Montana
45. Longboard Kona Brewing Company Kona, Hawaii
46. Kona Wailua Wheat Kona Brewing Company Kona, Hawaii
47. Highlander Beer Missoula Brewing Company Missoula, Montana
48. Spring Reign Ninkasi Brewing Company Eugene, Oregon
49. Oatmeal Stout Ninkasi Brewing Company Eugene, Oregon
50. Mica Maibock Quarry Brewing Company Butte, Montana
51. Shale Pale Ale Quarry Brewing Company Butte, Montana
52. Select Amber Bozone Brewing Company Bozeman, Montana
53. Hopzone IPA Bozone Brewing Company Bozeman, Montana
54. Scepter Head Indian Pale Ale Draught Works Brewery Missoula, Montana
55. English Summer Ale (un-named) Draught Works Brewery Missoula, Montana
56. Bodacious Bock Wildwood Brewing Company Stevensville, Montana
57. Discerning Pilsner Wildwood Brewing Company Stevensville, Montana
58. Flashflood Milk Stout Higher Ground Brewing Company Hamilton, Montana
59. Clearwater Crystal Ale Higher Ground Brewing Company Hamilton, Montana
60. Nosferatu Imperial Ale Bowser Brewing Company Great Falls, Montana
61. Electric City IPA Bowser Brewing Company Great Falls, Montana
Downtown – Where Missoula Plays!
Apr 18, 2012
The documentary celebrating women in the craft beer industry, The Love of Beer, is making its Montana debut as part of Missoula Craft Beer Week. Tickets are $8. The show is Thursday May 3 at 7 p.m. Get there early for a good seat!
From the film's website:
The Love of Beer is a feature length documentary celebrating the women in the Pacific NW beer industry. Produced by Lingering Illocutions and created by Alison Grayson, The Love of Beer stars Bend Brewing’s Tonya Cornett and Saraveza’s Sarah Pederson and featuresTeri Fahrendorf, Lisa Morrison, Gayle Goschie, Amy Welch. The Love of Beer is an intimate portrayal of craft beer’s female forerunners. Staying true to cinema vierte, these women tell their stories in their own words and through their own actions. Check out our trailer to learn more.
Here is the trailer: